Unfortunately, this cannot help you identify the number of a given comment, but it works the other way around.
Change Word's Default Font
Pressing Enter repeatedly would then take you through the comments one by one and you can count in your head until you reach the one you are looking for. I admit this is tedious, but it may be a good workaround for small documents and is always effective at finding a comment if you know the number. Thank you for your interest in this question.
- How to convert automatic numbering to normal text in Word? - April - Forums - CNET!
- Eliminate line numbers on blank lines?.
- How to Add Line Numbers in Microsoft Word on PC or Mac: 4 Steps!
- Add different page numbers or number formats to different sections in Word for Mac - Word for Mac.
- Format a bulleted or numbered list in Word for Mac - Office Support.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site the association bonus does not count. Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead? Sign up to join this community.
- Secrets and tips for the Windows 10 May 12222 update;
- google contacts mac os x address book;
- may tham phan phuc mac.
- mac os x leopard theme for windows xp download.
- Make the vi/vim text editor show or hide line numbers?
The best answers are voted up and rise to the top. Home Questions Tags Users Unanswered. Asked 6 years, 1 month ago.
Active 2 years, 4 months ago. Viewed 34k times.
The ITS Connection Online: Microsoft Word Tips
Dan Dan 1 1 gold badge 1 1 silver badge 8 8 bronze badges. Go to the view menu and select outline or draft in the views section. Martijn Burger Martijn Burger 2 2 silver badges 12 12 bronze badges. The numbering is shown in-line in draft mode - making it harder to identify comments when there are many edits.
Is there a way to get the comment in the margin as in print layout but with numbering as in draft mode? Nope, sorry. The new comments feature is geared towards collaboration working together in the same document in a 'facebook' style. Beats me why the comment number still can't be shown when the information is available to be shown. I have exactly the same problem as the OP 2nd para and I have to flick between the outline and normal modes to find the comment number and then actually read the comment it seems the pop-up will only show first responses, not responses to comments.
Thanks for the solution though. In the upper-right corner of the Word application, find the Quick Access toolbar. At the right-end of the toolbar click the down arrow and select More Commands In the dialog box in the Choose commands from drop-down select All Commands.